Fashion is always changing. Some people do not mind to spend their money that they saved for many years only to buy a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s Plus just because their old iPhone did not support their confidence. If it happens to you, the first thing to do is to transfer the contact from your old iPhone to the new iPhone. You can use iCloud and iTunes to transfer your contacts. If the reason to export contact is that the initial setup went wrong, you need to transfer the contacts after you have setup the devices. Below are the tips and the methods on how to export contacts on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s Plus.
Three Methods to Export Contacts on iPhone 6
Method 1 – Contacts in iCloud
In case that you have all contacts stored safely in your iCloud account and then you come with the new iPhone 6 that you would not have synced the iCloud contacts yet, there are some steps you can follow to transfer the contacts on the new iPhone:
- Go to Settings and choose iCloud
- It is important to sign in to your iCloud account; Log in first to start.
- Make sure that the switch for contacts are on
- Please wait, let the contacts sync.
- Head over the Phone app and check if the new iPhone got all the transferred contacts.
Method 2 – Restoring from iCloud
We assume that the first option does not work for you. Therefore, you can try the vCard export method. Below are the steps to do so:
- Turn on your PC or Mac, and then Login to iCloud.com
- Click Contacts
- Click the Settings or the cog icon and then choose Select All
- After that, click on the cog and then choose Export vCard
- Then, you can send the vCard file as the attachment to your email.
What you need to do on your new iPhone:
- Check the email for the vCard attachment
- Download and then open the vCard.
- Choose Import All from the top right
Now, your new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus has all your contacts.
Method 3 – Restoring from iTunes
It is the simplest method if you do not mind to restore from backup.
- Back up data from the old iPhone to iTunes, and then disconnect it.
- Connect your new device.
- Right click on your device that is from the sidebar and choose Restore from Backup.
Those are the methods to export contacts on iPhone 6 or 6s Plus. You can read another iPhone 6 tips in here.